 General / 8115
Re: Datsville Construcrtions Steam Roller)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:03:42 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I'm honestly not sure which wheels I used. I will have John Neal read
off the info on the side of the tire next time he's there, if he would
be so kind, or I will, next time I am in Minneapolis, which may not be
for a while...

I will check tomorrow night.  I *think* they were the 24x43, which IIRC are
the largest solid wheels TLG produced until the advent of the squishy
tires.  I got mine in a service pack back in the 80's.

But they either were from 8868 or 8865 or something similar. The hubs
are smooth on the inside and the tires are solid foam. I THINK the
bigger ones but can't be sure. It was at least 4 bricks in height to
make an arch that cleared the wheels from the center axle level. Or so I
seem to recall. 10 stud diameter seems right.

There is no way to tell for sure now without reading the tire info.
Conan has a 10 gallon bin full of large wheels and I just rooted till I
found 6 that I liked. That can be fun but it can make things hard to
reproduce... Me, I tend to rape an unopened set for what I want...

Hmm. "The Rape of the Setbin"?  <Art major pun> ;-)

-John

lugnet.