 General / 6338
Re: Why 5 to 6?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:39:25 GMT

"Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> writes:

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...
It's probably not perfect, but I suppose that a 1-1 ratio would have
caused problems with the Technic bricks with holes, i.e., the holes
would have to be made smaller to fit in the "stud holes" beneath the
brick.  Also, a 1-1 ratio would probably have caused similar problems
with parts like the 1x1 brick with side stud.

i don't suppose these were considerations back when the first brick was
designed in Brittain.

Neither do I.

Robert Munafo said that a 1-1 ratio would have been better than the 5-6
ratio we have today.  I just wanted to give some examples where a 1-1
ratio would have been inferior to the system we have today.

I did not say anything about the considerations of the designers of the
first brick, be it in Britain or anywhere else.

Fredrik