 Dear LEGO / 124
Re: Customized pieces (was: Re: The virtues of the 1x1 with side stud)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:37:18 GMT

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:49:50 GMT, Steve Jacquot
<saj@kali.psyc.virginia.edu> wrote:

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Pretty neat.  They don't even need two distinct parts: the left door
is just the right door upside down (or vice versa).

Exactly. The sercondary model has them horizontal, for a very flat car
with doors on top :)

You have to wonder why they ever went away.  Lego trains all seem to be
based on European prototypes - do Euro-trains still run boxcars, or
is it all containers these days?

Most are containers, but occasional;ly I do see one or two boxcar
types. (note, I'm not a train fanatic, especially RL ones, so that's
just my observations, which may be skewed :) )

Jasper