 General / 5892
Re: Why 5 to 6?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:55:57 GMT

"Robert Munafo" <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> writes:

Why is the 5-to-6 ratio supposed to be such a great thing?

It's probably not perfect, but I suppose that a 1-1 ratio would have
caused problems with the Technic bricks with holes, i.e., the holes
would have to be made smaller to fit in the "stud holes" beneath the
brick.  Also, a 1-1 ratio would probably have caused similar problems
with parts like the 1x1 brick with side stud.

All in all, I'm still impressed from time to time as to how well the
LEGO bricks are designed.

Fredrik