 General / 5654
5653  |  5655
Subject:
Scales (Was: New Lego page!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:38:27 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:>
In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
For my microfig starship fleet, I've been going with the scale: distance
between centerpoints of 2 adjacent studs = 10 feet.
In other words, 381 : 1   (because the stud spacing is 8 millimeters, and 10
feet divided by 8 mm is 381)

The number I came up with is 384 : 1 -- assuming that the length of a 2 x 4
brick is 1.25 inches (1).

It would be convenient if it were 10 times "minifig scale" (which is around 40
: 1). However, it's also more convenient for Americans if "minifig scale" is
taken to be exactly 38.1 : 1 because then they can use 1 stud = 1 foot.

I was just going by the assumption that a 1 x 1 tile would make a fairly
appropriately-sized cockpit blister.

Minifig scale is awful hard to put in real world terms, because the minifigs
are so wide in comparison to their height.  That, and their legs end at the
knees.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Another, semi-related topic of debate which I have heard many times
before.  :-,

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat