 General / 5655
5654  |  5656
Subject:
Glued Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 02:04:28 GMT

Hello,
I just received a winning from an auction, and I must say that I am slightly
(1) annoyed. The minifigs that came with the set were all glued together! After
trying vainly to pull apart the minifigs, I realized that the glue involved
must have just been a little less stronger than, say, cement. (2) After
destroying two fingernails and drawing blood, I managed to pull a visor off of
one of the hemlets, and saw to my horror that there was yellow ABS from the
helmet stuck to the visor. It almost appeared that the visor was melted to the
helmet, but I did see a trace of glue and managed to scrape it off. I am
thinking of soaking the minifigs in an acid for a day or four, but I don't know
what will work. Will vinegar or something to that extent be too strong and take
the prining off of the minifigs? Who has had experience with this sort of
madness?
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/

1- Ok, very. (3)
2- Not rubber cement, cement.
3- I can't complain too much though. It was an Alienator, and there were 11
extra minifigs: 5 Blacktron I, 4 Futuron, and 2 M:Tron