 General / 5761
5760  |  5762
Subject:
"PATENT PENDING" message (was Re: dimensions in patents)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:53:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
[...] I still have some early 1960's Samsonite (as well as European) Lego
sets with the Patent Pending message. I'll have to go and check the numbers
for the above ones.

The message was present on parts in the US at least until around the mid
1970's. My best friend has some 4 x 4 black plates that he had in high school
and purchased in the US (probably from a police station set like 354, 370/585,
or 381/588). The plates have the words "PATENT PENDING" and mold control
numbers, but lack the part number "3031".

- Robert Munafo