 General / 5651
Re: New Lego page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:04:50 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
[...]
o Minifig-scale Narn fighter from B5
o Nanofig-scale TANTIVE IV
o Microfig-scale starships
[...]
Do you have a clear idea what these three scales are in numerical terms? I
guess "minifig" scale is fairly well defined as the ratio between the height of
a minifig and the average height of an adult human, but what about the other
two? Are they variable and arbitrary or is there some kind of consensus?

They're extremely flexible.  Microfig scale is anything smaller than minifig
scale, and nanofig scale is smaller than that.  It's not uncommon for
microfig scale to be half as small as minifig scale, or 1 stud = 1 city
block (though I would call that one nanofig scale).

For my microfig starship fleet, I've been going with the scale: distance
between centerpoints of 2 adjacent studs = 10 feet.

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>