 General / 54184
Re: Lego Purity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:46:30 GMT

David & All,

   So, after being pointed at a thread on Classic-Space by Felix Greco, I figured it might be interesting to see how the community feels about Lego purity in general. So, I made a little test:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/lego_purism.cgi

Right now, it’s only got my own information, but as more people start filling it out, it ought to get more interesting!

DaveE

Wow, I thought myself maybe an 8, and I ended up with a 1.33.

Well, considering that I have no issues with cutting baseplates, wire for train creations, cutting up official LEGO wiring to extend them, painting elements that never come in the color you need them to in order to make a proper GP38, cutting tubing, etc. I guess I am not that pure.

However, after that article that was posted here recently about the changes that TLC needed to make in order to be competitive in the ever-changing global economy, I think they are doing a good job, and if I need to do things in order to make my enjoyment of the hobby more sustainable, so be it.

Thanks for the nifty tester! : )

Sincerely, Scott Sanburn President - Michiana-LUG / LTC