 General / 46673
Re: Too much Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:14:48 GMT

    According to my LUGNET set list, I have 112,000 pieces, which I consider to
be a pretty large collection.  I haven't kept track of the quantities of pieces
I've bought from Bricklink and ebay, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's
anywhere from 20 to 40 thousand.
    I could stop buying right now and easily keep on building happily for the
rest of my life.  In fact I expect my LEGO spending to plateau off as I get
older.  Unless I build a polebarn dedicated to my collection, I'll run out of
room at my current spending pace.  There will always be that special or new
piece that I'll have to buy, but since I don't keep my MOC's together forever, I
would never permanemtly run out of certain pieces.
    I imagine that other AFOL's have a similar situation of being close to
having "enough" LEGO.  (Of course, having "too much" is impossible...unless you
have 2,700 soccer balls.)
    A 10,000 piece standard collection certainly is an interesting idea.  10,000
is enough for someone to have some of everything.  The only downside is that I
doubt that anyone wants to go to the trouble of making a list of what those
10,000 pieces are.  ; )
    David "Fuzzy" Gregory