 General / 45249
Re: Fast-paced photo montage (13,000 photos in 9 minutes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:52:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Stefan van Zwam wrote:
"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman wrote:
(Hope you have fast net connection. :-)

I do, you (or something along the way) don't. But at 146 kb/s I can't complain.

Perhaps it would be an idea to compress it with Div-X?

In this case, I don't believe it would matter that much. DivX (and all
popular codecs, like RealVideo, XviD, WMV, ...) rely on the fact that there
is a relation between subsequent frames. This is definitely not the case for
this montage. A 480x480 JPEG image should be compressible in under 10,000
bytes. Result: 13,000x10,000 = about 130 MB. Hmmm, looks like the largest
version is still a factor 3 too large...

There are a lot of frames that are practically identical from the train layout.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe