 General / 45134
Re: Fast-paced photo montage (13,000 photos in 9 minutes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman wrote:

I thought it would be fun to see what all those photos looked like in
an ultra-fast chronological photo montage ripping by at 24 frames per
second.  The result was a 9-minute "movie":

Arrrgh. Brain hurts.

VERY cool though, don't know if it's intentional or not but the "movie" freezes
on certain frames causing a very interesting effect.

If you want to see the photos at a slower pace, load the large version
into Apple's QuickTime player and use the right and left arrow keys to
go through the images.

Have still to do that, but I will.

(Hope you have fast net connection. :-)

I do, you (or something along the way) don't. But at 146 kb/s I can't complain.

Perhaps it would be an idea to compress it with Div-X?

* <http://tsl.bu.edu/temp/pnltc-teardown-768x432.mov [Teardown]>
  {(768x432, 110.0 MB, QuickTime video, 00:01:31)}¬
  Teardown of everything took only 90 minutes.  This is a 1,656-frame
  time-lapse sequence taken between 9:12pm and 11:30pm on Sunday, April
  19, 2003.  My favorite parts are the tables coming apart, the carts
  filling up, and the banner coming down.  Incidentally, this video proves
  beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jeremy Rear is indeed bionic.

I loved this part (from the "full movie"), especially the cart loading and
driving :)

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe