 General / 44741
44740  |  44742
Subject:
Lego prices?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:21:44 GMT

Has anybody ever compared Lego prices between US and UK or any other country
for that matter, or am I approaching a touchy subject here.

eg.
Imperial Star Destroyer US $299 UK £250
4028 bucket US $9.99 UK £9.99

Is it just me or are we paying over the odds for Lego here in the UK
considering that as far as I know there is not a manufacturing plant in the
US so all Lego has to be imported.

Most people I know (non Lego users) say that Lego is expensive so they are
more than happy to buy the copies (Mega-Blocks (spit)) for their kids.

In my opinion if Lego dropped their prices they may not make as much per
unit but they would certainly have a higher number of unit sales.

Gaz.