 General / 4472
Re: Outlook express (was Re: Is LUGNET working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:16:23 GMT

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 23:19:52 GMT, Alex Wetmore uttered the following
profundities...
This has not been my experience.  I've been using Outlook Express for many
years (since the first internal builds came out) and haven't had it lose any
state for me.  I use it for reading many newsgroups, and used to use it to
read against many news servers as well (although more recently I've started
using nntpcache to merge all of my servers into one caching server, and I
read from that).

I must have been unlucky, then. It happened to me twice in the
space of a month. I had 2 servers, my ISP's, and Lugnet. In
total maybe 100 newsgroups, of which a few were very heavy
traffic. But getting everything back to the way it should have
been meant not risking a 3rd time. I now use Gravity, which
for news, I prefer. For e-mail, I now use Outlook 97.

I was upset to no longer use OE. I really like having an
integrated news reader/e-mail program.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/