 General / 4443
Re: Is LUGNET working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:37:55 GMT

I will tell you what is wrong for me.  I can't post easily.  The news program
rejects my posts because of an incompatibility between Outlook Express and
Lugnet.  This means that I have things to post, but I won't post them.  It is
entirely too dificult to find the thread through the web interface, especially
since the post times are PST/PDT in my newsreader and GMT in the web interface.

As a result, if I have some pertinent information, nobody hears it.  I also
cannot compose messages offline to upload later.

Todd, could you fix this somehow so that I may post from Outlook Express?
Perhaps set my "account" to match what OE sends in the message header or
however it is.

Face it, if it is hard to use, it won't get used.  I learned that long ago in
a place far far away.

Mike Poindexter

PS:  This was supposed to reply to another message, but ended up on this one
instead.  I don't have time to find the original.  (I hate reading in the web
interface and can't reply in my newsreader.  Sort of like my grandparents -
one is deaf and the other can't talk.)

In lugnet.general, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Good questions. I don't have any answers except to point out that I
don't read RTL much either.

One more question to ponder, are we posting the "hey, come on over to
Lugnet" posts as much as we used to? I haven't done one in a while.

I did a couple today, but I don't want to sound like I'm pandering.

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't evangelize the spamcake.