 General / 4438
Re: Is LUGNET working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:16:26 GMT

I think there are too many news groups on LUGNET!

I don't have time to follow them all (and I don't *want* to follow them all),
but there is one thing that really bugs me: I *hate* to see the 'follow-ups
set to <any group I do not usually read>', when I'm beginning to get
interested in a thread.

Reading off-line (paying phone bills for connect time), I also don't have the
possibility to jump to the web interface, for just this thread, and it's too
complicated to remember to follow this particular thread the next time I
connect and download the groups. So, I miss parts of interesting(?)
discussions.

In some ways, it's better with everything in one group, and a good filter
mechanism in the news reader.

OTOH, the discussions on LUGNET are *much* nicer than many of the RTL threads,
and recognizing the names of most participants makes me feel like part of a
community...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm