 General / 4444
Re: Is LUGNET working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:42:08 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:

Like many of you, I have started reading rtl less and depend more and more on
LUGNET for my Lego news.  I also enjoy the sense of community that LUGNET
fosters.  But I do have some concerns about LUGNET.  There seems to be a lot of
Lego information that gets posted to rtl yet never makes it to LUGNET.  Some
basic things like discussions about new additions to the official Lego site, or
things seen in a Lego catalog are discussed on rtl, but not on LUGNET.
Recently, there was a thread on rtl about a Master Builder's model that Rosie
O'Donnell was auctioning.  To me, these are important news tidbits that I
regret having missed by not reading rtl on a regular basis.

I posted that initial post on rtl about Rosie's auction. I was going to post to
.auction, but didn't because I had a problem once again with posting a link. I was
going to cut & paste my rtl post to .auction, when I hit send I got an error
message, so instead of retyping the entire post, I got lazy/busy and didn't do a
complete new post.

Rosie's Lego auctions are over, but if you want to see a picture of the desk or
light saber, here are the links:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=106000785
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=106007873

She once had some teletubbies on her show made from megabloks that they put up for
auction, whoever sets up the auctions for her mistakenly identified the teletubbies
as being made from Lego bricks. They ended up making a correction that the bricks
were m.b. and not Lego. I wonder which company called the fastest to complain?

Julie