 General / 43862
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:47:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed wrote:
At least I'm lucky enough to have enough light grey to build most of what I
want with some left over, so I in all reality would probably never have to
buy anymore Lego to continue enjoying my hobby, I just wouldn't be able to
keep all the creations built while building more.  So I believe I will enjoy
saving my money from this point on!  While I sit and laugh at all the
bricklink stores that feel this is a good thing and can gouge the "h e
double hockey sticks" out of people for their grey bricks.  ( another very
sore point to this hobby... )

I agree with everything you have said.  But one point of confusion is which
"Light Grey" is being changed.  Perhaps Jake could clarify this, but I believe
the Light Grey that is being changed is the one from the Mosaic sets, sometimes
called "Very Light Grey" rather than "Grey" like the color of the Technic gears
and 9V motors.  I don't think the Very Light Grey color has been around too
long, so I'd be surprised if this change will impact quite as many people.
Still, the people who have managed to collect any of it would be unlikely to
ever get enough of it to do anything useful.

But if it really is the regular (and very common) Medium Grey that is being
changed then I am shocked beyond belief.  This color is used so widely
throughout the product line that it will cause huge headaches for many people.

I know some people think this color thing is a totally trivial change, but to
many of us, this throws a big monkey wrench into our enjoyment of the hobby.

- Chris.