 General / 43853
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:03:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:

   Well if you read my posts on this topic, you will see that I have not even once suggested that my existing bricks will become “worthless” or “incompatible” because of this change. I am merely disappointed that two of my favorite and most sought-after colors will no longer be available very soon.

Indeedy. My wanton accusations were not aimed at you. Like the majority of(but not all) posters here you’ve stated your disappointment in a fair and reasonable fashion :) I just don’t seem able to share that sentiment.

   The new colors DO present new opportunities, but getting rid of the old colors ELIMINATES possibilities. Especially Brown, which is a very useful and very rare color. I already own a lot of Dark Grey, and even though I would like to own a lot more of it, I do have enough of it to work with. But Brown is a color that I do not have nearly enough of to do very much with at all. The new “Dirt Orange” color (or whatever it will be called) is not a good substitute, in my opinion.

I guess amongst all the grey I forgot about that. From what I see the brown change is the worst one of the three, but of course I’ll wait until I can see the bricks in person before judging.

   If given the opportunity, I would buy buckets of Brown or Dark Grey brick in all shapes and sizes. On the other hand, I’ve seen the new colors at Pick-a-Brick, and I don’t see that Lime Green, Dark Pink, or even Teal and Purple are colors that can be utilized in any significant quantities without inducing nausea. They are fine accent colors, and I welcome their availability, but I wouldn’t want to see (for example) Red REPLACED by Pink, or Yellow REPLACED by Lime Green, no matter how much of these primary colors I may already own.

(Insert whinge about Pick-a-Brick in Australia) :P

Michael