 General / 43752
  Re: New colors and other info

Hello all, and thanks Jake for such a speedy response! It seems a majority of people (at least of those who posted) here are disappointed in this new direction Lego appears to be taking. And I can fully understand where they are coming from. But I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) My take on Jake's statement and on looking at the comparative pictures that have been posted is that the colors have been shifted to be chromatically linear. In other words, if you were to map the colors into RGB space, Dark Grey is not on a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) I wonder how much confusion would arise from having two sets of such similar colours on the shelves at the same time (I imagine the transitional period is going to be complicated enough). I can see why people with alerady large amounts of grey (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) Well if you read my posts on this topic, you will see that I have not even once suggested that my existing bricks will become "worthless" or "incompatible" because of this change. I am merely disappointed that two of my favorite and most (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) maybe you should try to build some "austin powers"-themed constructions.... (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) I rest my case! - Chris. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) Indeedy. My wanton accusations were not aimed at you. Like the majority of(but not all) posters here you've stated your disappointment in a fair and reasonable fashion :) I just don't seem able to share that sentiment. (...) I guess amongst (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  RE: New colors and other info

-----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Michael Dallaston Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:42 AM To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com Subject: Re: New colors and other info (...) being (...) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) I agree with everything you have said. But one point of confusion is which "Light Grey" is being changed. Perhaps Jake could clarify this, but I believe the Light Grey that is being changed is the one from the Mosaic sets, sometimes called (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) The wacky colors, especially in 1x2s, look to be useful for decorating large Roman interiors and perhaps some exterior accents. However I still need endless quantities of white and yellow.. and brown.. if they mess with white.. (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) The three colors that we know have changed (from the new 2004 SW sets, which I and others have) are Light Grey, Dark Grey, and Brown. Someone on fbtb.net (Gareth, the guy who first posted there about the color change and alleged stud change) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New colors and other info

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) Oh but you know, LEGO white isn't really white, it's a sort of creamy color. It could easily be (dis)improved to become whiter... like Megabloks white! (touching wood and making signs to ward off evil... white (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  What about the Master Models Builders? was Re: New colors and other info

(...) Once I got over the initial surprise, the cynic in me is starting to take over. Legoland parks and their Master Model Builders would fall into the category of "people with already large amounts of grey," wouldn't they? I would really like to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)