 General / 38641
Re: Is too much lego play time for kids a bad thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:19:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bob Gomez writes:
I have a 2 year old son (almost 3) ... he
spends alot of time playing with [LEGO] ...
some days he spends several hours, like 5
or 6 hours a day playing with them. • ...
My concern is that it seems obsessive.  ...

Hi Bob:

My wife is a play therapist. She spends her days with children, from 2 and a
half and up, playing. Children at 2 are acquiring mastery at creating,
distroying, imagining. Playing with blocks for hours on end can be normal to
their development.

It's unlikely anything wrong with your child's behavior, but if you are
concerned, consider taking him to a therapist for an evaluation. If you
want, e-mail me at cary@corp.webtv.net and I send the information to my
wife. She may be able to provide a referral in your area.

Cary