 General / 38646
Re: Is too much lego play time for kids a bad thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:04:30 GMT

In follow-up to my replies:

Others have touched on it, but I see I forgot to include it in my replies (i
really meant to say this)...toddlers ARE obsessive by nature.

I'm sure all of the other parents will tell you about their kids only
wanting to eat one favorite food for a long time (deli turkey and cheese for
my daughter...breakfast, lunch and dinner some days, for almost two years
running), or wanting to wear the same clothes all the time (Pooh bear
dress/Cinderella dress).

So while the desire to play with LEGO all the time is patently OK, I was
more concerned with what is going on inside his head (is it a developmental
obsession), and in the real world (lowered interest in interaction with
family, friends. etc.).

I'd still like to find a link to that story I mentioned.

Matt