 General / 36868
  "Lego" from China Sets?????

Anyone else know anything about the sets listed on eBay - allegedly by Lego for sale only in China? See the link below for one of many. (URL) have to wonder what these sets go for in China. I suspect the price points are a bit cheaper when converted (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) I think there was something a while back about some "knock-off" lego sets from china. Its a good bet that the pieces in this set arent as good quality wise as the real thing. (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) I'm fairly certain these are extremely cheap knockoffs. Despite what the seller says, LEGO does not license anyone else to produce its sets; I would not be surprised if the eventual buyer is very angry with their purchase. IF TLC is listening (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) Hmmm... A don't think its a (direct) photo edit on the part of the E-Bay person. I dunno about the company... the cowboy looks too fudged when zoomed in... but not the cannon. The whole turntable complex, however, along with the baseplate, (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) They are also in blatant violation of Ebay's policies against key word spamming and requiring listing items in the proper category. Has anyone successfully complained to Ebay about this? After all, those policies are in their interest, quite (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) On the other hand, I recall reading more than a few articles about factories in China that were running licensed product for a Western Manufacturer during the day shift and unauthorized "knock-offs" during the night shift - one of the problems (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) But it's not "key word spamming," since the product is, after all, "LEGO-compatible," and that's one of its intended selling points. Why would it be any different to describe a LEGO lot as "Red Bricks," since both "red" and "brick" could be (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) I intend to acquire at least one of these sets, and I'll post a review. Dave! (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) ALLERT ALLERT These sets listed as compatibel with lego is NOT compatibel at all, I've bought a few sets with the same brand name in Poland for fun to see what it was like, it's plastic crap where the figs for an example is parted up in many (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) (URL) brand is "Shifty" rather than "BRICK"... Shifty we already know well, it's total cack. I was taken with how 1/2 of these are very "accurate copies" while the other half are a wild mishmash of elements of many colors that don't hang (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) Darn you, Dave! I clicked on this message EXPECTING to see something about Eminem and Tony Hawk Amidala (whoever that would be) and instead found out I was callously and horribly misled. You terrible rogue! (yes, I'm being silly.) LFB (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

Any chance we could see pics of the peices that come in these "sets". this is an iteresting subject... (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) This is not, however, how Ebay defines key word spamming. (URL) particular, Extra Brand Names in Title. Any use of a trademarked (brand) name in the title of a listing where products of that brand name are not being offered. And, very (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) That's news to me, I'm afraid, and I think in practice it's nothing more than Ebay's effort to divorce itself from liability re: trademark representation. Could Ebay even enforce this policy if they wanted to? Hypothetically--if you came into (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

Would this count as keyword spamming? (URL) is 5382, aquazone accesory pack. The title is Lego 5382 Aquazone Minifigs Town City Space obviesly this has nothing to do with town, city, or space. I found it on a search for 'lego space.'He does not (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) Yes, yes, yes, but what about this: (URL) title is 70's Sears Brix Blox 900 Piece Set Lego Legos lego is not mentioned in the description. This is annyoing, and is keyword spamming. Were do we complain about this? John Kruer (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) Well, that one I'll concede. I suppose it's possible that there are indeed "Legos" in the lot, but you're right that the description should reflect that. (...) I suppose Ebay has some kind of complaint department, but my at-home Internet (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here?

(...) The case of the bootleg-clone seller may be instructive here. I don't know why he was suspended/de-registered, but given that we know TLC members read LUGNET off and on, is it at all possible that when we flag these questionable uses of (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here?

(...) Actually, if TLC wanted to be serious, they probably should force eBay to change the category name to something other than LEGO, or force eBay to police it for non-LEGO. The way the category is being used, one could make a good argument that (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) It could be considered that, but I don't find this type of thing of any great importance. Ebay allows a certain number of characters for the auction title and this seller was just a bit creative. What I want to know from you is WHY are you (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here?

(...) True, but on the flipside Ebay does use many copyrighted names as category names. And Lego knows that Lego sales on Ebay promotes their product, and that equals free advertising - no company would let that go. Also people who choose the Lego (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

In lugnet.market.services, Kevin Salm writes: <SNIP> (...) Because I'm an ignorent 12 year old new to ebay. :-) John Kruer (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here?

Frank Filz wrote in message <3CF2E41E.D7C01185@m...ng.com>... (...) They take it seriously enough that one Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) member had a message from eBay saying that using LEGO in his listing titles for custom sets was keyword spamming. He (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????

(...) This is a rather old thread, but I saw (URL) few listings> on eBay that brought this discussion to mind. I check eBay quite often for my beloved clone brand, and I've often seen it described as "Not Legos," but this is the first time I've ever (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.services, FTX)