 General / 36871
Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 05:09:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Heins writes:
Anyone else know anything about the sets listed on eBay - allegedly by Lego
for sale only in China?  See the link below for one of many.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732671764

I have to wonder what these sets go for in China.  I suspect the price
points are a bit cheaper when converted to $us or any other currency.  I
wonder if someone has connections to arrange a "gray market" bulk
purchase/resale.  I suspect a profitable enterprise for someone with the
right connections.

   I'm fairly certain these are extremely cheap knockoffs.
   Despite what the seller says, LEGO does not license anyone
   else to produce its sets; I would not be surprised if the
   eventual buyer is very angry with their purchase.  IF TLC
   is listening to this, they may want to know that the seller
   states that this *is* a product officially sanctioned by
   LEGO.  It's not.

   That said, look at the picture:  What's with the grey
   cannon, and the cowboy who besides being in a Forestmen set
   is much smaller than the Forestmen?  I sense a great deal of
   photoshopping going on.

   LFB