 General / 36898
Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 23:03:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Morten Soerensen writes:
In lugnet.general, John Heins writes:
Anyone else know anything about the sets listed on eBay - allegedly by Lego
for sale only in China?  See the link below for one of many.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732671764

This one is a good giveaway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732671761

The brand is "Shifty" rather than "BRICK"... Shifty we already know well,
it's total cack.

I was taken with how 1/2 of these are very "accurate copies" while the other
half are a wild mishmash of elements of many colors that don't hang together
well esthetitically speaking.

See also this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/clone-brands/?n=1272

which is an independent thread but same auctions I think.

FUT off-topic.clone