 Marketplace / Services / 567
Re: "Lego" from China Sets?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:57:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Thomas Garrison wrote:
   On Mon, 20 May 2002, Dave Schuler wrote:

   In lugnet.general, Thomas Garrison writes:

   They are also in blatant violation of Ebay’s policies against key word spamming and requiring listing items in the proper category.

But it’s not “key word spamming,” since the product is, after all, “LEGO-compatible,” and that’s one of its intended selling points. Why would it be any different to describe a LEGO lot as “Red Bricks,” since both “red” and “brick” could be keywords, in other contexts? I thought keyword spamming was more like:

PENCILS FOR SALE BRITNEY SPEARS EMINEM SPIDER-MAN TONY HAWK AMIDALA

in which the actual item has little or nothing to do with the description’s buzzwords.

This is not, however, how Ebay defines key word spamming.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-wordspam.html

In particular,

Extra Brand Names in Title. Any use of a trademarked (brand) name in the title of a listing where products of that brand name are not being offered.

This is a rather old thread, but I saw a few listings on eBay that brought this discussion to mind.

I check eBay quite often for my beloved clone brand, and I’ve often seen it described as “Not Legos,” but this is the first time I’ve ever seen LEGO products described on eBay as “Not MEGA BLOK.”

It surprised me, but I guess it shouldn’t have...

Dave!