 General / 32869
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:15:45 GMT

The way I read the article it didn't seem that they were so much upset that
he had come up with the new OS, but rather that he had named it legOS.

No matter how you look at it, or what excuse he can come up for choosing
that name, it is pushing the envelope a bit.  I personnally wouldn't blame
Lego if they were forced to sue him to change it.  Hopefully he will do the
inteligent thing and change it before it gets to that point.

Just my opinon  ;)

Troy

Stelios Kalogreades <steliosk@ieee.org> wrote in message
Juergen Stuber wrote:

Apart from the issue about names and trademarks,
for me this article shows an extremely irritating attitude
towards customers, sue people as soon as they use something
in a different way than the manufacturer thought?
The most irritating is that this is presented as the standard
procedure to follow.

Jürgen
I agree with you, Jürgen. It seems that we have to contend with taht
viewpoint though. Hopefully if any of tyhe new product line doesn't do
as well as expected, we will not see some genius in the company decide
to go after people who add value to Lego's products, such as Noga.
It has happenned many time before (the fact that they quote Microsoft
and Adobe was actually astute of the author). One of the things that
drew me out of the Dark Ages was rediscovering the company and its
atitude towards hackers and experimentation.
Regards,
Stelios
--
|  Stelios Kalogreades   / http://www.kalogreades.com |
|ACM SIGCHI |IEEE Member/ Team AMIGA member           |