 General / 32541
Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:35:10 GMT

You could render them the size you want in pov-ray ...

ludo soete <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote in message
Hi,

I'm >> Trying << to write a ** SIMPLE ** VB (Visual Basic 5) utility to
resize the bitmaps from the LDRAW/VEC directory into pre-defined (HEIGHT &
WIDTH) bitmaps to place on AVERY labels (3 sizes pre-defined : J8160,J8159 • &
J8651 labels).
Now, i checked the internet for some information abouth -- SAVING -- a
bitmap, but couldn't find anything abouth it. Now, i guess (i'm almost • sure
abouth it) that there's NO VB5 command or function that saves a bitmap to
disk (i have only a VB4 manual), and that i need the API calls to do so.

I'm able to select the drive and directory where the bitmap files reside,
but there's still a lot to do, for example resizing & rotating the • bitmaps.
But i think i found some usefull stuff for that. I hope it will work.

The main idee behind the utility is that i want to print labels for my
drawers with the Lego part on it. Some people use the stuff they found at
the home page of ONYX (see discussion here :
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=32411 )
but they have to do some time-spending efforts to create small pictures to
place on the labels. If i succeed in my utility, then it would be verry
simple to create smaller pictures, and it would be much faster than
scanning, ....

Is there anyone among the LUGNET users who can help me ?
Any sugestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Ludo

Notice: I'm not a programmer / software engineer at all,have to figure out
most of the things and i'm just someone who wants to try something. I hope
it will work,and usefull for all of us.