 General / 32561
Re: Lego Part Label Printer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 04:20:57 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gary Williams writes:
I've created a simple Windows application for printing labels for
identifying Lego part storage drawers.

That's really good, Gary! Especially so quick!

Thanks. :)

Would you be able to document the format of the LabelTemplates.txt file? I
use avery 7160 (3 across 7 down) and it doesn't seem to be there 8?(

The format is:

description,top margin,side margin,label height,label width,vpitch,hpitch,#
columns,# rows

"description" must be surrounded by double-quotes if it contains spaces.
"vpitch" is the height of a label plus any gap between adjacent rows.
"hpitch" is the width of a label plus any gap between adjacent columns.

All of these dimensions are in inches.

Also, it seems to print the lines between the part primitives. Is this • just
my printer, or by design?

I'll fix that for the next release.  It was semi intentional for debugging
the CAD program that shares the DAT file logic with LPLP.

I will also remove the ".dat" from the end of the filenames for the next
release (maybe tomorrow).

-Gary