 General / 32545
Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:57:09 GMT

"Gary Williams" <gwlego@gw.ro> wrote in message

"ludo soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote in message
I'm >> Trying << to write a ** SIMPLE ** VB (Visual Basic 5) utility to
resize the bitmaps from the LDRAW/VEC directory into pre-defined (HEIGHT • &
WIDTH) bitmaps to place on AVERY labels (3 sizes pre-defined : • J8160,J8159
&
J8651 labels).

You have inspired me.  I can produce a simple label printer by re-using • code
I've already written for my Lego CAD application.  The user would specify • a
list of DAT files to use as input, then select a label sheet style, then • the
program would render the parts onto device-independent bitmaps in memory • (at
optimal resolution for the printer so that no stretching needs to be • done),
then blit them directly to the printer.  I don't think it would take me • more
than a few hours to produce a working program, so I will work on it
tonight.

After watching a movie I returned home and wrote this application in about
an hour.

However the user interface needs work.  I will clean it up a bit, then make
the program available for download sometime tomorrow. :)

-Gary