 General / 3215
  Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Hi everyone, I have uploaded some pictures of my microscale Lego oil tanker to my web page. The thumbnails will link to the larger version of the pictures. Check it out if you get a chance. (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Nice. This scale (and especally the printed cabin windows on the sides of 1x2s, I assume that's from Stena Line or the like) reminds me a lot of late 70's/early 80s Tente. Nice use of the pirate hulls!!! Ships usually have their names and their home (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Nice job! I especially like the little tug boat, so simple yet so true. I like the way the tanker opens also. Thanks for the pics! Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 05:01:51 GMT, Mookie <Mookie@execpc.com> wrote: I second Tamy. I was oohing and aahing over the tanker, but looking at the tug elicited the coveted "ain't that cute" exclamation. :-) And it is cute. Simple yet so true. -- Terry K (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

Really enjoyed your model. Your presentation is sensational. -- Bob Fay The Shop (URL) Davenport wrote in message <36EB2A38.D5F09897@m...ch.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Excellent idea for the name. Thanks for the suggestions. I had to print the 'windows' off a laser printer since I don't have the Stenna Ferry kit. :-( Joe (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Nice work Joe! While I am still pretty new to Lugnet, I want to say thanks again to all the Lego® Artists that share thier work here. Much inspriation abounds! Thanks! John (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Thought you might like that twist on your last name... :-) (...) Sacriledge. Oh well, it's worth it. TLG SHOULD sell those for microfig work... I feel my Purity slipping. Was there ever a more comprehensive Purity Test (like we all took back (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Of course the high school version basically served as a guide to what sorts of trouble one could get into... I had just about gotten to 100 by the time I graduated. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Parts II & III here... (URL) a purity test (at least, that's one of the things that inspired the survey). But it would sure be cool to see real purity test with numbers you could add up and get a score. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) There used to be one, floating around. Pretty much strictly lifted from the standard Purity Test, of course. Steve (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Oh frabjous day! This is awesome! Now all you need is an offshore oil rig and a Greenpeace ship with little rubber rafts to escort it! :-, Really, this is a fantastic model. Thank you for sharing it with us! Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Back in 1996, Kevin John Stefan posted a LEGO Purity Test to RTL. Herewith, I reproduce it as posted: ---...--- Begin included posting from Kevin ---...--- Recently, I've been doing some major-league surfing on the Web (when Netscape isn't (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Sproaticus wrote in message <36ED46E0.E092A51E@g...es.com>... (...) rubber rafts to escort it! :-, Yeah, and French Navy Vessels to board the Greenpeace boats and escort them back to international waters : ) Oh yeah, LEGO(R) is supposed to be (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) And New Zealand-funded terrorists to sink it in a peaceful harbor. I forgot how discouraging it must be to be a Rainbow Warrior. :-( I've seen their antics at the Army base I grew up on. I have to hand it to them, they're among the most gutsy (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

Sproaticus wrote in message <36ED9DAF.B9FB281E@g...es.com>... (...) them (...) forgot (...) Woh, Back the Super Tanker up there. "New Zealand-funded terrorists"? They were French Terrorists and they sank it in a peaceful New Zealand harbor, This (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) Oh. That's different from the story I heard, way back when it happened. Then again, what I heard was through the _Stars and Stripes_, which if you consider is published by the US Army, probably isn't the most unbiased piece of yellow (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) They (...) see (...) piece (...) They spies were caught and exposed as working for the French government. Rather than being sentenced for murder here they were returned to their government who packed them off to some tropical island "prison" (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) printed (roughly) a week or two after the fact. Points where they differ completely include: 1. There was only one blast, and the ship sank slowly. 2. The person who drowned wasn't alerted to the sinking of the ship because he was asleep, but (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:50:56 GMT, "John Cromer" <cro@astro.caltech.edu> wrote: <quoted test snipped> (...) That was fun. And I just went to Dejanews to read the whole thread on David Roth. What a load of crap _that_ was. :-) -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) I've never taken one of these before, so I was wondering if you are more "Lego Pure" the lower the percentage. For reference, I got a 35% (If I did it correctly) Jeff (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) It was distressing, at the time. But it was much more lighthearted than the whole Mandroid thing. Or Minx's departure. In one way, it's funny to think a lot of people (myself included) were willing to believe that some kid built a 20-foot long (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

My favorite: (...) Steve (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Wow, what a bunch of skeletons in that closet. A very interesting read on both patron m. and patron r. -- I enjoy viewing a train accident as much as anyone else, I guess. It's funny that I always passed over those threads before. I do remember (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) You may have made the same mistake I made - It says to total up the *no* answers and divide by 112. If you just kept track of the number you answered *yes*, then subtract that from 112 before you divide. I got a 48% pure. --Bram Bram Lambrecht (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

Is this the Rainbow Warrior 1 we are talking about? If so, UK Television said that it was destroyed by a French torpedo (I think) - the news report was on reflection of the recent French Nuclear Tests that the Rainbow Warror 2 was going to be there (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) And yet another wildly different version to the story. Hmmm... Government redirectionism, atrocities hidden by half-truths, other atrocities defended as sovergn rights, bureauocratic informational blundering... Why hasn't this story been done (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) I remember her too, but am vague on the departure. Maybe I missed that when I wasn't reading RTL for some time (still aren't), what happened? Keep Building!! -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 New Lugnet Newsgroup? (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

Yet another version from Turkey. It' had been reported as "sabotaged and sunk by the French secret service agents" by newspapers and TV. And I think I'm remembering another incident, it was also reported in Times or Newsweek as same. The article was (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LEGO Purity test. was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

(...) Sounds like I did it correctly, but I'm still wondering if a Lower percentage is more or less pure. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)

(...) Because it's sadly true. Jasper (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Awesome, model Joe! Keep up the great work! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Joe: (...) Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page

Thanks Jacob! BTW, the model has been selected as one of the first five on Apotome's Expert Builder Page. (URL) it out for some other great Lego projects! Joe (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.general)