 Off-Topic / Fun / 1179
Re: Greenpeace (Was: Super Tanker and Tug Boat at Joe's Lego Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 01:31:21 GMT

Tim McSweeney wrote:
Woh, Back the Super Tanker up there.  "New Zealand-funded terrorists"?  They
were French Terrorists and they sank it in a peaceful New Zealand harbor,
This one in fact.  I remember going down to the docks with my parents to see
the ship half submerged.

Oh.  That's different from the story I heard, way back when it happened.
Then again, what I heard was through the _Stars and Stripes_, which if you
consider is published by the US Army, probably isn't the most unbiased piece
of yellow journalism.

Did one specific group really claim responsibility for it, or were they
identified by other sources?

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)