 General / 31924
Re: Dinosaurs - kind of a let down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Unless the color is WAY off on
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/dino2.jpg , it shows them as the
sand green, not regular green (granted, it may BE way off).

I have this catalog, and can say with certainty that 7000 Young Ankylosaurus
and 7002 Young Brachiosaurus are most definitely regular green.  It is a real
shame they decided to change the colors for the actual sets, and a major
annoyance that they did not alter the catalog images.

Jeff

Also annoying is that the packaging for 7000 makes it look like the leg pieces
are light-blue, when in fact they are regular grey. The sand-green is off as
well. Hold a completed Young Ankylosaurus up to the box and it becomes apparent
that someone has been messing with the photoshop color balance a bit too much.

Oh, and there are *no* 2x2 corner slopes. The picture (above link and in the
lugnet guide) is incorrect.

Ray