 General / 30756
Re: Dinosaurs - kind of a let down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:54:23 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:GEIKzq.7tB@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=7000-1
It turns out that the delivered dinosaur is not the same green, it is • sand
green (which I like) and it doesn't have the corner slopes at all.

Mike,

I looked at both links above as well as an actual toyfair photo at:

http://skyjammer.50megs.com/cgibin/i/asm/mar2001/graphics/Dino_Ankylosaurus • .jpg

and can't see any differences in color or parts selection. What am • missing?

Jake

I'm with Jake here-- I can't see any corner slopes whatsoever on any of
these images, and I also can't see a difference between the two... Did • they
change the image that's on brickset or something? Was there another • picture
that had the corner slopes? If so does anyone still have a copy of it?

DaveE

I recently saw the original picture on a small in-box catalog.  Of course I
have since thrown it away.  I think the original picture was hosted on From
Bricks to Bonthams (not sure if that is right) shortly after the Toy Fair.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot