 General / 30788
Re: Dinosaurs - kind of a let down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:

Nathan McDowell wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Unless the color is WAY off on
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/dino2.jpg , it shows them as the
sand green, not regular green (granted, it may BE way off).

Those look like regular green pieces to me *shrugs*.  Compare the pieces in
the original version as seen in
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/dino2.jpg to those in the ones in
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=7000-1 and also the ones in
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=45121 . Do they look
different to anyone else?  I hope I'm not losing it =).

Yes, you're losing it ;-)

Oh, it's been lost for years now =)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=45121 and
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=7000-1 are so obviously sand green that
it's not even funny.  You need to get your monitor checked if it looks like
original "Lego green" to you.  It looks more like
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/dino2.jpg is a scan that's a touch
dark.

--
Tom Stangl

No no no no, =) I said that the original design (with the corner slopes)
looks like it is in regular green and the new versions (without the corner
slopes) as seen on Brickset and Mike's Brickshelf folder are definitely sand
green/verdigreen.  Maybe I didn't make my responses clear enough, my bad =\.

~Nathan

Blarg, that should say verdigris not verdigreen.  My bad, yet again.  I
ought not to let my mind wander, as it is too small to go off by itself. =)

~Nathan