 General / 31360
Re: On to other news....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.space, Kevin Wilson writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
Good catch! Missed that. In my defense, it was in the wee hours of the
morning and I had just finished building my copy of Kevin Wilson's
schoolhouse kit. An exhausting but impressive build! Man that kit comes • with
a lot of pieces.

More than 1600 :-)

Were there any actual Lego sets with that many pieces? I seem to remember
1400 as being about the highest.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/
The Guild of Bricksmiths: http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page:
Yes, as far as my mind knows, there are two Lego sets that have more than
1,600 pieces.  The first set is a giant Lego figure with a hat and the
second set is a model of the Statue of Liberty, which has many sand green
bricks and plates.  I do not recall the particular call numbers but I do
remember that I have them in a catalog that I have at my house.  These sets
belong to the new Master Builder series.  I believe there was a set named
the Silver Champion that was a Technic set that may have had more than 1,600
pieces but I do not know for sure in my mind.
Jesse Long

The Black Cat/Giant Truck <set:5571> has 1743
The Silver Champion <set:8458> has 1412
The Statue of Liberty <set:3450>, which has already been stated, has 2882
Lego Mosaic <set:3443> has 1993
The Legoland Minifigure <set:3723> has 1849

The Black Cat is part of the Model Team line.
The Silver Champion is part of the Techinic Master Builders line, where the
other three are part of the Sculpture line. Sorry to burst your bubble.

-Duane
Please forgive me for the mistake about the Silver Champion, Duane.  I did
not have my catalog with me.
Jesse Long