 General / 29478
Re: Oh no, what have I done!?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 06:03:32 GMT

I'm not convinced it's a silly conversation. Lego vs Legos is interesting • to
me because it combines my hobby, linguistics and intellectual property in
one neat bundle. The discussion isn't as important as appreciating Lego
itself, but that doesn't make the discussion unimportant. I have to take
some of the blame for the Godzillan thread, since as a linguistic argument • I
foolishly compared LEGO/legos with God/gods, giving rise to a religious
brawl, with bonus trolling. Now _that_ took the fun out of it.

--DaveL

I agree wholeheartedly with you Dave.  I understand that there are copyright
concerns for TLG, but in casual converasation with Lego and non-Lego people,
it's an issue that's never come up (and I don't intend to raise it for
previously stated reasons!).  I didn't address these copyrtight concerns
because its already been discussed (or argued) to death on this ng before
(and who wants to go through that again!).

Dave S.