 General / 29535
Re: Oh no, what have I done!?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:16:54 GMT

When I refer to a single brick, I usually use the term "one of my LEGOs," or
"please hand me that piece."  I suppose I could substitute "piece" with
"LEGO", but I never do.  (At least not that I've noticed.)  Collectively, my
LEGO products are "LEGOs" and, in my mind, there is no such thing as a
"LEGO".  I agree that this probably stems from learning to add an S to words
while in school.  As a matter of fact, I can remember spending a lot of team
in first or second grade learning to add an S to just about everything
except for ox, foot, deer, etc.

Bryan Beckwith