 General / 29418
Re: April Fools posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:31:29 GMT

Mark & All,

After all of the ranting and raving that followed, I was
sorry to see Todd
add a disclaimer to his own joke. I felt that the spirit
had been stripped
from the joke, and I was especially saddened that it was
my own joke that
provided the fodder for all the sticks in the mud to
complain and whine.

Well, Mark, I am not whining, I think it is a serious issue,
and if someone dares not like it, it just turns into
whining, huh? Name calling is not called for, and I don't
appreciate it. April 1st starts April 1st, not a week
before, correct?

Some people have concerns about it, and was voiced here. I
think we have as much right as the people who post these
false items to voice our concerns about it, just as much as
people who love it can as well.

It's true that we all don't share the same sense of
humor, but I'm always
disappointed when some feel that because they don't find
it funny, they have
to try to take all the fun out of it for everyone else
too.

Maybe because the fun does not appeal to everyone, some
people take it seriously, and causes more trouble than it is
worth?

Sorry I have to be a "stick in the mud". >:(

Scott S.