 General / 29410
Re: April Fools posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ian Warfield writes:
Note that the web page posting form stipulates the condition "... I
also swear that I am not submitting any false, fraudulent, incomplete, or
deceptive information."

Doesn't this effectively rule out April Fools jokes?  Are all the April
Fools pranksters now perjurers?

--Ian

I happen to like the April Fool's jokes.  Dunno why, maybe it's the
questioning of whether this is real or fake, or just the hopefulness that
Lego has finally made some truly, utterly amazing stuff (like Ben's prank
from last year.)  I mean, I don't think there should be "pranks" except on
April 1st.  Before or after that kind of defeats the purpose.  But, I must
say that I'm for them 100%, as long as they don't hurt anybody and aren't
illegal.  None that I've seen here are either of those.  IMO, they're just
something for fun and amusement.  Why someone doesn't see them that way, I
don't know, and I won't judge.  But to me, April 1st without the pranks is
like Thanksgiving without the football. :-)

My .02
-Chris