 General / 27176
Re: Bionicle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:51:52 GMT

"Rex Young" <ryoung@tbscc.com> writes:

I had a thought and i was wondering why does the US have to wait
until August to get the Bionicle sets....i am hoping to get some
from a couple of people but still it is a mystery to me...anyone
else have any thoughts??

Well, normally, Europe has to wait to get the new sets, while the US
gets them first.  I don't see any reason for that either.  This time
it goes the other way around.

I suppose it's related to marked volumes: They cannot stack up enough
sets to supply the whole world at once.  Stacking up enough sets to do
so would be a waste of money, hence the launch is at different times
at different parts of the world.

And if the product sells more or less than estimated the first time it
is lauched, they can take a lesson from this at the next launch.

Fredrik