 General / 27309
Re: Lego Stories (was Re: Remote Control Figures? (Was Re: Bionicle Sets))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:30:16 GMT

In article <G84zKs.Fs3@lugnet.com>,
Timothy D. Freshly <timfreshly@shaheenlaw.com> wrote:
Consider that you used to get the set and the name of the set and that was
it.  Anyone with even a scrap of immagination could take the Galaxy Explorer
and explore the galaxy.  The content of the adventures was whatever came
from your imagination.  If the Galaxy Explorer was produced today, it would
be accompanied by a complete background story, names and bios of all the
minifig characters, a story about the "opposing force" and their
motivations, and a description of "the mission".

This was particularly nice for my brother and I. We tended to have
each other as an opposing force. Now, these days, there would be good
guys and bad guys and one of us would've been stuck playing the bad
guys.

The way Lego was at the time, we were both good guys in our own eyes,
which, I think, is really more how things are. Both sides think they're
good, but they're both just as evil as the other.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <