 General / 27277
Re: Remote Control Figures? (Was Re: Bionicle Sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:20:15 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   (Actually, all LEGO toys are "action"--it's just that the action
   best involves driving around/flying around and vrooming/whooshing.
   LEGO Trains excepted, naturally.)

Yes, remote control. The link to pictures is here. They were gotten from the
Canadian toy fair. They are a repeat of images shown on Brickshelf a couple
of weeks ago and pulled off.

http://pub13.ezboard.com/ftheallsparkbeastmachinesdiscussion.showMessage?topicID=10999.topic

This link was posted a couple of days ago here:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=5

Lego seems to be integrating the themes they introduced with Slizers and
Roboriders with the earlier Technic games of Scorpion Attack and Cyber
challenge (if I got those names right). As well as perhaps pointing the line
to where it could grow into Mindstorms. Bionicle as a whole looks more
attractive to me now that we can see the whole concept. It is richer and has
more possibilities than Slizer et al. Perhaps this is not only because of
the range of sets but also beacuse of the back story. Even though that story
seems like it could be a limiting factor on playability, and the Lego
community understandabily recoils at the notion, it can provide a structure
to the line. In a sense it is precisely the story that lends real presence
and strength to the Star Wars Lego line so they are not *merely* good sets.
Or am I wrong?

Jonathan