 General / 26658
  Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

I know that a thread came up about sneaking LEGO sets into the shopping cart, but my question is: Do you sneak LEGO sets into the house? Have you ever gone to the store, bought a set (OK. Several sets), took them home, left them in the garage where (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) I have done this, though only successfully with small to moderately sized sets. My one failure was when I tried to sneak in with the Millenium Falcon, The UCS X-wing and UCS Tie which I had ordered from S@H and had delivered to my work since I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Yup Rick (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) I used to. Back when I had a spouse. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Hi, my name's Mark, and I'm a LEGO Maniac. Yeah, I've done it, if only to avoid the "how many LEGO sets do you need?" comments. For the sake of household harmony, it's usually better not to counter with "How many pairs of shoes do you need?" (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Yes - especially duplicate sets. I also have to sneak the trash out. It also helps if I never respond to questions like "How many blue tubs do you have?" with and exact number - and never stack all of them together. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Nope. In fact, my wife is as hooked as I am. :) She says we should stop buying so many sets this month and then I show her a set we don't have and talk her into buying it. Last night we spent about $78 on sets at WalMart and Target. I think we (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Nope. That's the advantage of having a wife as hooked as I am. The only Lego I have to sneak into the house are presents. :) James (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) ...My wife takes her shower after the kids are in bed... on more than one occasion I would dart out to the car and grab the LEGO bag in the trunk and then hide it amongst all the other LEGO bags in the pile inside... Then I'd jump back into my (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Smart man Bob. I think my relationship went to hell when I started answering these questions to (and took out the trash in front of) my former Non-Lego-spouse. Rich (still looking for someone who appreciates his collection) -- Have Fun! C-Ya! (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) I'm not a box collector, so my scheme is to open the LEGO right outside the store and dump it in a small duffel bag or the like. Such a bag is often (though not always!) easier to get into the house unnoticed, and you don't have to sneak the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Nope. That's the advantage of being single, though I think I link James's advantage better. Ben (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Who wouldn't? Rich (still looking for someone who appreciates me for my collection) -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

No sneaking for me. I convinced my wife that this is a cheaper hobby than computer collecting (I have 7 that are getting old now), golf (greens fees), high-tech gadgets, and drinking (a few rounds a night really adds up). Following that logic, a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Heh. No doubt about it - I'm a lucky guy. Our biggest thing is that we don't have anyone to hold us in check - we have twice the 'impulse buying' problem! Some of you guys out there can at least use the excuse of your non-Lego spouse to hold (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) You're still luckier than most of us are... impulse buying included. On the appreciation thing, I was hoping for someone female, and preferably single, but thanks anyway. (I'm sure it didn't hurt trying.) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Never. I have never snuck Lego into my domicile. ...I live alone. :) -JDF (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Actually... yeah. Just the other day I snuck in two 4551 and a Dino Research compound (Which is currently in a semi constructed state at the foot of my bed) as well as an exploration Mars kit and a(nother) dark SIde Developer's kit. My (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) It could be worse, your NLS could complain about your LEGO purchases AND your clothes purchases! Maggie C. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

I don't have to sneak them in. My wife and I have a frivolous spending allowance each month. We both are allocated the same amount to spend on anything we want and the other isn't allowed to question it. We could burn our money, if desired, and the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Sometimes I have. Then I will usually fess up later and show my wife the latest aquisition, I don't usually get in trouble for this. She's been telling me lately, "no more Lego until after we move", then I come home yesterday and she says "I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Same here. Except I'm a lucky *girl*. ;-) Chris and I actually met through lego (thru lugnet, in fact)! (...) Hmm, well, that might prove to be a problem... (...) LOL! -Shiri (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

In lugnet.general, Martin Scragg writes: <snip> (...) Quilter? Fabric and Lego are very compatible. 2 kinds of heaven. Rotary cutters, omnigrid mats, and multi shape plexiglass rulers...and then the Lego, bricks, plates and figures... Storage is a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Yes she is, plus doll house mad as well (I also don't complain about these either). She also likes to play with Lego, but doesn't have enough time due to all the other stuff she does. We don't have a normal house as such, just a bunch of hobby (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Yes. (Hanging head in shame) Yes, I have. For duplicate sets, I would remove them from the boxes and sneak the pieces in the house in a Walmart bag or something, and then dump them in with parts that need to be sorted so as to go unnoticed. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) That's why you wait until AFTER she goes on a shopping binge.......lol. Actually, the five year old usually rats us out with a "Look what Daddy got..." as soon as she walks in the door. She's really quite good about it all - except when it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

sheree rosenkrantz wrote in message ... (...) You too? There must be something about quilting and Lego... Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) store: (URL) auctions: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) You are all bad. very very very bad!!!!!!! shame on all of you!!!!!!!! Well ok me too. My wife went back to work a few weeks ago (at night mind you) so she is not home when I go get stuff from the car When the cats away the mouse will (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message news:G7BKxD.CKo@lugnet.com... (...) I guess I am lucky because I don't have to hide anything. I hide things more from my son than my wife. My son usually wants to open up and build what (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?

(...) Yeah. The best way to keep a non lego fan happy with your purchases is to say "would you rarther I did xxx" where xxx is something that the non lego fan knows is more expensive than lego (golf, say) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)