 General / 26815
Re: Do you sneak LEGO into the house?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:27:15 GMT

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message
news:G7BKxD.CKo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Duane Hess writes:
I know that a thread came up about sneaking LEGO sets into the shopping
cart, but my question is: Do you sneak LEGO sets into the house?

Nope.  That's the advantage of having a wife as hooked as I am.  The only
Lego I have to sneak into the house are presents. :)

James

Nope.  That's the advantage of being single, though I think I link James's
advantage better.
Ben

I guess I am lucky because I don't have to hide anything.  I hide things
more from my son than my wife.  My son usually wants to open up and build
what ever I bring home as soon as it comes in the house.

When I first got back into LEGO I hid some things and had others delivered
to the office but at some point I just decided not to bother any more.  LEGO
is my hobby, it is something I do with my kids, and while my wife doesn't
build much (she will sit down with our kids once in a while and build
something - she built a cute Clifford the Biug Red Dog recently), she lets
me do pretty much as I please (within reason).

Her only real complaint is that the entrance to my office at home (which is
right inside the front door) gets out of hand at times with boxes and bags
staked up or lying around.  She is encouraging me to rethink my storage
system and to build some shelving so fewer things are on the floor.  The fax
machine/copier is in my office so she has to wade through my mess when she
needs to use it.

In the grand scheme of things my hobby isn't that expensive compared to
others (golf, racing, etc.) and it doesn't keep me away from home for long
periods of time (like golf, which I love to play, does).

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot