 General / 24801
  Re: It's here!

(...) There are only about eight or so free pieces - 4 of which are the 2x2 cylinder 'R2D2' robot body bricks that aren't even used in the statue. If I remember correctly there were only two extra 2x4 bricks. Also a 2x6 and a 2x8 I think - not as (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Hmm, why the heck are they there then? Now that you mention it, I remember seeing them, but saw no evidence of them in the instructions. (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Maybe the Droids are meant to help with the assembly. (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Just finished mine. I had 16 pieces left over, all were the "New" green except the 1/2 pin. Here's a rundown.... (4) 2x2 R2D2 Bodies (1) Gray 1/2 Technic pin (1) 1x1 tile (2) 2x4 brick (4) 2x6 brick (4) 2x8 brick My theory on this is that it (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Well, that would have been nice if the droids had been complete (can you say corroded droid in the junk yard?), but we just got bodies, no head or legs. Frank (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G4xA1L.EvC@lugnet.com... (...) say (...) legs. (...) This thread makes me wonder if LEGO will have some sort of an alternate model available on their web site some time in the future that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Finished Statue..was: It's here!

(...) I just finished building my statue! Your leftover brick count matches mine! I don't understand the R2D2 body parts either. Seems very strange that they would include pieces like that in the set and not use them. For those who have built the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue..was: It's here!

(...) You're right, the back of the head is a bit weird. I never noticed it. I only dropped a part into it one time. It took a bit of shaking to get it back! The most aggravating part was keeping the very first parts of the tablet from falling off (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Exact same extras I had... it seemed like a lot to me, so i rechecked the instructions to make sure i hadn't made any mistakes... but i couldn't find any... (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue..was: It's here!

(...) I thought it was odd, but then again, I've never seen the back of the actual statue (heck, i've never seen the front either :) ) so i don't know if perhaps she has a bow or ribbon or braids or something.. (...) 2, and she's very heavy. I (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue

A Question to those people who have the Statute of Liberty, how did you find it? Is it worth spending $300(CDN) on getting it or not? Would it work as the centerpiece of a town? (That's what I'm thinking of getting one for) James Powell (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue

I love it. Well worth the money for us :) And I was thinking of using it in a harbor myself, but then I"d have to build the rest of NYC :/ (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue..was: It's here!

(...) You did pretty good with 6 hours of building time. I guess I mess around too much when I'm building. I think it took me 8 or 9 hours to complete it. That's with watching tv, munching on snacks and such! I didn't have as much trouble with the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue

(...) I think it was worth getting. I like the new green color and I'm impressed with the array of bricks you get with it. If I didn't like the new color, then I probably wouldn't think it was worth getting. As for the actual statue, I'm not wild (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue (Scale Computing)

(...) Well, let's look at it scientifically. A minifig is (roughly) 1 and 5/8th's inches tall. That's 1.625". If we say an average human is 6' tall, that's 72". So a minifig is 1:44th scale. (If I trash the math here, please feel free to correct me, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue (Scale Computing)

I didn't realize that the SoL is so small... and I thought the pedestal was taller than the statue.. this page says the pedestal is 154' tall... seems so small... i've never seen it, but in my mind i thought it would tower the washington monument (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) We should contact lego or lego direct or something and just get them to clarify the spare parts that should be left over after making the set. (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue

(...) As the other post mentioned, it probably is a bit too small, but it's not that bad. Also, the head is very cramped. If I remember right, only 5 or 6 people could be standing in the head and looking out the windows (which are where the 1x1 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Finished Statue (Scale Computing)

(...) Doh. Ok, after rereading the site I failed to mention in the last post: (URL) granite pedestal is 89' and the foundation is 65'... I still didn't run the numbers to find out how big a minifig scale one would be, but i did find a picture of the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's here!

(...) Apologies for the error when I said last week there's 8 pieces left over (my memory is not good) - I have the exact same 16 pieces left also. The only use for the R2D2 bodies I can see is to substitute the cone piece at the bottom of the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Mystery of the 4 droid bodies? (was Re: It's here!)

(...) Perhaps this is a good place for LEGO Direct to step in and clear up a mystery with some rather harmless inside info? I can't see why these were included being a trade secret. eric (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)