 General / 24318
Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:23:53 GMT

Paul Davidson wrote in message ...

I know what you mean...the purpose of multiple newsgroups is to make it
*easier* for people to read what they want, not to divide things up so much
that you have to scour 74 different newsgroups to figure out where a post • on
a "US-Canada Lego club meeting for selling and/or auctioning space lego"
might belong.

Ha! Try using a newsreader application instead of the web interface, and
that's EXACTLY what one has to do with the threads being FUT'ed all over the
place! It's frustrating at times, how so little consideration is given to
users who need a news interface that makes more efficient use of their
inferior 'net connection (like three seconds to load message as web page as
opposed to less than a second loading same message in newsreader - don't ask
me why, it just does). So do I spend three hours reading the same messages
that I could read in 45 minutes? Yeah, right.
I really have to try not to laugh out loud when users are TOS'ed for using a
mailer that subjects web users to something that users like myself have to
put up with in every second thread anyway. I mean, how ironic is that. But
hey, I got no choice, so I'll grin and bear it. No point in making waves,
eh? ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164