 General / 22877
Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 04:46:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
After all...if I started saying that my local Kmart [neglecting to mention I
live in Victoria, Australia] had X-Wings for $15 on clearance, and everyone
around the US went to their local KMart and found that it wasn't there,
there'd be all sorts of complaints. Therefore, I only post things regarding
Aus in .loc.au and would expect others to act in a similar matter with their
posts.

Oh geez.

Todd: any chance you could do something to stop posts about US ONLY items of
info finding their way to areas that aren't US ONLY ? [maybe make it clearer
that .general is NOT for items of interest to ONLY 1 country, no matter what
percentage of lugnet users are from that country?]

I suppose a US LUG couldn't post pictures of their meeting for people from all
over to see in a non US-specific group, then, right?  Simply on the basis that
some people from other countries couldn't make it to the meeting.  Get over
it.  Its a Lego related item which I'm sure more than just US citizens are
interested in knowing about, regardless of whether they can participate in it.

I'm certainly tired of hearing whining like this, and half feel like chipping
into Larry's idea to ignore users on the web interface.  Perhaps you could
take your crusade to loc.au, because it certainly has no interest for people
outside Australia.

Benjamin Whytcross <awaiting a major flame-ing>

I wonder why...

-Tim