 General / 22915
Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:03:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Julie Krenz writes:
When I made the original post, I did not know it was US only. I went and
checked after you asked. At that point I guess I should have set follow up to
.loc.us. When you noticed I didn't, you could have reminded me instead on
putting on the ol' flame suit ;-)

Now, I see that this post is in three groups. I found it this way and am
leaving it this way. No follow up tos set. Things are getting too fuzzy,
but I think I get the main point of it all. If something general is *known*
to be local, posting in .general is ok, but follow up to appropriate
local(s) and the world will be a happy place. Can I get a ruling on that?

Julie,
That sounds perfectly logical to me.  If a local group is more appropriate
due to the fact that something is localized, then the discussion should
migrate there, ya (always to the most appropriate group).

And Ben,
You need to fix or ditch that piece of junk newsreader/mailer that you're
using.  Every time you post you make a horrible mess of threading.  It's
very bad.  If it's the only newsreader/mailer that you can use from work,
then you shouldn't be posting from work -- post from home instead.

--Todd