 General / 23542
Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:30:55 GMT

D. Jezek wrote:

I'm assuming this figure looks like the naboo security guard from set #7124,
only with different colors.  Maybe black and red?  Cool!

I'll definitely admit that the person in the cockpit is a traditional
smiley faced minifig... Might be a placeholder, might be an imperial
guard. Does it really look black? I'd guess he's wearing dark gray,
judging from the picture...

But then again, we'll find out if he's in there and what he is wearing
once the set is released.

Other $10 sets so far (Naboo Swamp and Speeder Bikes offhand) have had 3-4
figs....

The Flash Speeder only featured one minifig. Might then assume that when a
ship of some sort is included, they cut down on the figs.

The speeder bikes are just great!  Excellent source to get scout troopers.
I found a bunch of them for $4.99 each and was able to build a large army of
them.  It will be hard to build an army of stormtroopers let's say 40 of
them which would mean forking out $1,200 if they are indeed going to go for
$30.

I thought it was listed at $19.99? Still too pricey to part out IMHO,
though.

Perhaps in a mid to late 2001 release we'll see cheaper sets featuring
more of them. And that should probably be the last of the Ep1 sets we
might get... More pods, anyone?

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/